Jubuliant Jon from passionate Peterborough is having a chat with us today.
How long have you worked for us?
Nine years or too long if you ask my area manager
How long have you been a manager?
What’s the best thing about your club?
Nationally, the first-ever Buzz Clubs launch due to a fantastic team of staff and a very loyal set of loving customers who always support us on everything just like one big family.
What’s the most exciting thing that has happened while you’ve been a manager?
Meeting my childhood hero and being involved in his stage show at the club on the mainstage, the one the only Mr Timmy Mallet!! of WACADAY and Wide Awake Club. Then watching my team of staff fill in for his Itsy Bitsy Dancers as he sang “Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polka Dot Bikini “ live on stage
Why should people come to your club?
The chance to become part of a wider family of like-minded people who want to have fun and a regular night out where everybody knows their name like “Cheers “ the tv show. Also, a great chance to win some big prize money in national links and local prizes.
What are your favourite hobbies?
Supporting Leicester Tigers as a season ticket holder, collecting James Bond memorabilia and eating out
Hamster sized hippo or hippo sized hamster?
Err obviously!! Hamster sized hippo for bath times!! How much fun would that be or in a paddling pool in summer?
What’s your biggest fear?
Fairground rides that just go round and round and round and round non-stop until I am very very ill and dizzy, takes me about two days to get over the waltzers!
What’s your karaoke song?
ICE ICE BABY as showcased at the Christmas staff party and Brit Awards soon!
What’s your hidden talent?
For a fat lad I am incredibly quick in sports and can down a pint in 2.1 seconds.
If you could be on any TV show what would it be and why?
Tipping Point with Ben Shephard as I love push penny machines or Man VS Food as my secret passion is food challenges such as I ate a 96oz steak before .
What would be your specialist subject on Mastermind?
James Bond vehicles down the years – I have every scalextrix ever made for James Bond and all the CORGI Cars and Figures.
Anything else you’d like to add?
1. Launched and managed the MINISTRY OF SOUND nightclub in Bangkok
2. Met Jose Mourihno in a live TV prank on me that went global (search youtube Jose Mourinho surprises fan in top 11)
3. Take That performed at my club before they were famous
4. I went to dinner with Will Mellor before he performed at my club
5. I have driven JLS through the drive through Mcdonalds in Braintree in my car on the way to a performance
6. I have broken the following bones: arm, ankle, leg, collar bone, nose, wrist, shoulder, toes, fingers, dislocated my knee/arm/shoulder/spine/, broken ribs and all for the love of playing rugby.
Thanks for answering our questions, Jon. What a fantastic set of answers!